These are basic instructions for posting blogs to THIS client website.
NOTE: This site is built differently and so the instructions are different. Please follow them exactly. On the images, the YELLOW highlighted areas are your responsibility. The BLUE circled area is what YOUR post should look like if done correctly.
- Each post should focus on a single keyphrase – keyphase should be in the title and in the body of the post. NOTE: Using broad terms such as LAWYER, DIVORCE, etc. does not help the client. Choose keyphrases that are more specific for best results.
- Each post should have one (possibly more) category
- Each post should have at least 2 tags, more if possible. Should always be related to post. NOTE: tags must be used.
- Each post should contain one image, at the top of the article, float left or right, as you choose.
- Image must have Keyword Alt Tag
- Yoast SEO, at the bottom of the post admin, should be completed (Focus Keyword, SEO Title and Description)
- Each post should have a thumbnail image (see below:)
- Your post should look like this:
To have a thumbnail appear beside the Excerpt on the blog of a client site, please follow these steps:
- Upload your image. NOTE: Please do not upload extremely large images. It slows down the entire site, even though you do resize them when you add them to a post.
- Locate the complete URL for the image and COPY THE COMPLETE URL
- Paste complete URL into POST IMAGE BOX
- Click publish or update.
- Be sure to check the blog page (or front page depending on how the site is set up) to confirm that the thumbnail was inserted correctly.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
When you wrote the post, you should have chosen a KEYWORD / PHRASE. Enter that information in the ‘FOCUS KEYWORD’ area. Add the SEO Title – include the keyword / phrase. Add the SEO META DESCRIPTION. Add the PHONE NUMBER if it makes sense in the context of the description.